Tuesday, February 28, 2006

How many flower visits must honeybees make to produce 1 pound of honey?

It takes about 2 million flower visits by honeybees to produce 1 pound of honey.


Interesting fact I must say!!! I thought about it when I was having my nightly cup of tea. I sometimes put a little honey in if I have a sweet tooth. Much better than having a slab of chocolate cake before bed though. I hope everyone’s fat Tuesday went well. I had two pieces of king cake at work to celebrate myself, it was on tonight’s buffet in the golf Club. Now back to the tea…did you know
Tea Facts ... benefits of tea

Oolong and Green teas help speed calorie burning.
Green teas has a high content of vitamins and minerals.
Black and green teas are full of antioxidants.
Tea helps fight cancer, heart disease and regulate cholesterol.
Tea boosts the immune system.
Tea Suppresses the appetite and inhibits excess body fat.
Tea fights harmful bacteria and viruses.
Tea may help strengthen bones with fluride and flavenoids.
Catechins in green tea may help reduce degradation of cartilage

So have a cup of tea instead of grabbing a soda.. you can’t go wrong…

And if you don't drink tea...you can also use it for...Dried tea will absorb orders in the refrigerator.
Use tea to clean windows and mirrors.
Used scented teas as potpourri sachets; place around your house or in drawers.
Use tea as a foot refresher by soaking your feet in tea.
Keep a tea bag in your first aid kit to soothe insect bites.
Sprinkle dry tea leaves over charcoal before grilling, this adds flavor to your food
Use tea as a compress on swollen eyes.
Soothe a sunburn with a tea soaked compress.
Light dried tea leaves as a mosquito repellent.

It been around for darn near forever and now you know why....

No comments: