Monday, August 02, 2004

Food For Thought!!

Every day, birds eat 1/2 their own weight in food! So, why do people say that a poor eater "eats like a bird?" If this were the case, a 50 pound child would consume 25 pounds of food a day.


PEPSI AND COCA COLA in China--A Little Humor! PEPSI'S "Come Alive With the PEPSI Generation" Slogan, when translated into Chinese, means "PEPSI Brings Your Ancestors Back From the Grave." The COCA COLA name in China was first read as "Kekoukela," meaning "Bite the wax tadpole" or "female horse stuffed with was," depending on the dialect. COKE then researched 40,000 characters to find a phonetic equivalent. The new name is KOKOU KOLE, which means "happiness in the mouth."

As you can see I have to much time on my hands????
Here's a little hint for good health...


Why Healthy Snacking Is Good for You and I. Healthy snacks can be a great way to get all the vitamins and neutriants our bodies need. I sometimes have noticed that I feel hungry a lot. This is natural for people of all ages. Small, healthy meals and snacks are a terrific way to satisfy that nagging hunger. But we need to pay attention to what we eat. Stuffing my face with a large order of fries after before a long busy nightmay give mea temporary boost, but a snack this high in fat and calories will only slow me down in the long run. And I don't need that...
To keep your energy levels going consistently - and to avoid weight gain - I steer clear of foods with lots of simple carbohydrates (sugars) like candy bars or soda. I look for foods that contain complex carbohydrates (starches) like whole-grain breads and cereals or eat protein-rich snacks such as low-fat yogurt or cottage cheese. There's nothing like a bowl of cereal..in the afternoon. It's quick and easy and will keep my energy level even until the next meal. So if you're on the late lunch plan but haven't eaten since breakfast at 6:00 AM,(i not speaking of me this is just an example) toss some fruit or trail mix into your backpack, purse, or breif case.That way you won't feel tempted to grab unhealthy vending machine when that hunger hits. Another plus that I have found with sncking, i don't over eat at meals. That's a big plus for me..Or should I say a Minus in the making.

I hope everyone has a happy healthy day...:')




No comments: