Friday, August 27, 2004

Polishing up the ole Resume....

that's right folks it's time time to update and make it pretty. It's something I need to do, I don't want to miss any opportunities. But remember folks if your working on yours there is a few things you may want to avoid...
RESUME BLOOPERS

How bad a mistake can you make on your resume?
"Education: Curses in liberal arts, curses in computer science, curses in accounting."
"Personal: Married, 1992 Chevrolet."
"I have an excellent track record, although I am not a horse."
"I am a rabid typist."
"Exposure to German for two years, but many words are not appropriate for business."
"Proven ability to track down and correct erors."
"Personal interests: Donating blood. 15 gallons so far."
"I have become completely paranoid, trusting completely nothing and absolutely no one."
"References: None, I've left a path of destruction behind me."
"Strengths: Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining composer."
"Don't take the comments of my former employer too seriously, they were unappreciative beggars and slave drivers."
"I procrastinate - especially when the task is unpleasant."
"Qualifications: No education or experience."
"Disposed of $2.5 billion in assets."
"Accomplishments: Oversight of entire department."
"Extensive background in accounting. I can also stand on my head!"
Cover letter: "Thank you for your consideration. Hope to hear from you shorty

so you may want to avoid making thoughs big mistakes....the world is full of opportunity so keep your eyes open or you may miss out on something great!!!

No comments: