Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I Bid Farewell to a Fabulous Culinarian
OBITUARY: NY Times
Julia Child, 91, Dies; She Entertained as She Taught Cooking
By REGINA SCHRAMBLING
Julia Child, whose warbling, encouraging voice and able hands brought the intricacies of French cuisine to American home cooks through her television series and books, died in her sleep three days before what would have been her 92nd birthday.

Julia Child was one classy lady, and she will be missed by all. I grew up watching her cook and thought to myself that is what I wanted to accomplish when I get older. Well here I am now, and as a dedicated culinarian making my way through the crazy world of food. She is one person I would have loved to have meet. I know she would be proud of my passion and enthusiasm. But I truly enjoy watching Julia cook, laugh, and especially her guests. Her lively spirit will always be in my heart and mind to encourage me to be just like her one day.. She is my ICON!!!! We MISS you Julia!

No comments: