Monday, June 15, 2009

HAPPY?

Happiness is not difficult. It's only when we let other things get in the way that it seems difficult to obtain.

To me, the key to happiness is wanting what you have, rather than having what you want.
What this means is that I am satisfied with what I have, what I do, who I associate with. I don't spend my time seeking the next best thing. I spend my time appreciating what I have.
It's not hard to get there. You will need two things: a pencil and paper.


At the top of the paper write: "Things I am Grateful For" and then start making a list. As your list grows, you will automatically feel your satisfaction and happiness increase. Be grateful for everything, small and large: for butterflies and clouds and being able to breathe. For the cool of the breeze on a hot day, and the warmth of the sun in the middle of winter.
Give it a try. You'll feel happier by the time you are done.


No comments: