Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sometimes I think about…..

How odd the hospitality industry is. It’s an industry of misfits, abusers, and users. It’s a place where I call home… and actually find comfort. I just don’t see myself having a career that requires me to act prim and proper, Sitting down at a desk.... not for me. Where else can you go to work and hear the words bar, chafing, prime rib and goldbond in the same sentence. But I also know that people I share this world with are some of the hardest working, intense people I have ever come to met. People that are not on the inside of this world probably wouldn’t believe their eyes and ears, because it’s crazy. That's why there isn't a real reality show on kitchens..it would be to brash...and people really don't want to know what goes on behind that door...they think they do.....but thay don't. Trust me. I think my world needs and accepts the artist mentality, also we tend to be short fused, and super creative. We’re just starving artists…but not starving at all. Hehehe!! What Can I say it’s a love hate industry…I hate to love it and love to hate it…..So if your nerotic, like to play with food and fire… I recommend it…. But other wise you may want to leave it to the pro’s…..

No comments: