Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day to Me!!!

The Mrs. didn't have to work this holiday. Wow pretty cool, since that is rare in my world. So what did I do? Well, the Mr. and I got up and went to the gym first thing in the morning. That's 10 ish for us night working folks...Came home and had cantalope smoothies for breakfast and a cup of coffee. The Mister went to work and i stayed home and relaxed, did a little laundry, watched a little boob tube, but overall I relaxed...woohoo!!!

Do you ever get the night time munchies? I do some times
So i found this while surfing to help answer me question.. maybe it can help you 2?

Q: How can I put the brakes on my non-stop nighttime cookie nibbling?
A: For years I used to eat on automatic pilot. I wasn't ever conscious about it; I just found myself standing in front of an open fridge. Then one day I stopped and asked myself why I felt so unsatisfied after supper. My conclusion? A lack of substantial calories.
But perhaps you're already eating well-balanced meals. Are you eating at breakneck speed? It takes a while for your body to know that it's full. Or maybe it's your environment that's leaving you unsatisfied? Make meal times more appealing: Try surrounding yourself with a vase of fresh cut flowers, soothing music and a pretty-patterned tablecloth.
If you watch television while you eat, the food commercials or food-centered events on some programs may unconsciously trigger your appetite. Shut the TV off, stop riffling through the mail and focus on your meals. You may be surprised how much more flavorful they seem when you pay attention to each bite. And greater meal satisfaction may curtail your free-for-all in the kitchen cabinets.
Crave volume? Try a few handfuls of baby carrots, grape tomatoes, celery dipped into peach salsa, air popped popcorn or something you can sip that'll keep your mouth full and your hands occupied. Great picks include a hot mug of broth, diet hot cocoa, flavored coffee or fruity herbal tea.

When you can't seem to draw the line there, try a few stop-the-cravings-on-the-spot tactics:
Brush your teeth right after dinner.
Gargle with minty mouthwash.
Chew a piece of very flavorful gum.
Eat a piece of "hot" candy. One Community User suggests eating a spicy cinnamon candy (just one) like Hot Tamales for a long-lasting mouth tingle.

So I think this was very helpful to me...
So back to work tuesday...I need to be off to bed to get my beauty rest..

No comments: