Thursday, February 24, 2005

TODAY IN FOOD HISTORY

* National Tortilla Chip Day*

Swamp Cabbage Festival
Did you Know????
The Cabbage Palmetto (Sabal palmetto) is native to the Southeastern U.S. and the Caribbean. Also known as Cabbage palm and Swamp Cabbage. This is the plant that hearts of palm are obtained from. The tender hearts of the terminal bud or young leaf shoots. Hearts of palm have many layers (similar to leeks), and are a pale ivory color, with a very mild nutty flavor. They are used mostly in salads. The state tree of South Carolina is the Cabbage palmetto, and is also on the state flag.
Enough of that serious stuff>>>>Silly thoughts to bring a chuckle to your day!!

Buffalo meat is getting more popular. I suppose soon we can expect cold cuts made from it -- possibly called "buffaloney." (okay i didn't come up with that by myself, it was an old one)

On a diet? Try a rice cake? The only way you know you're eating something is when you open your mouth to talk, stuff floats out. I think i would rather eat carrot sticks!!

Or worse yet fast food... It's called "fast" food because you're supposed to eat it really fast. Otherwide, you might actually taste it.

The big problem with "fast" food is that it slows down when it hits your stomach. And it just parks there--and lets the fat have time to get off and apply for citizenship.

I really do hate to cook, whenI wake up in the morning. For breakfast I would be happy eating a tub of Cool Whip. It even goes well with coffee. Thank goodness for my coffee, sometimes I think that without it I would rarely make it to work. If I could just move the coffee pot into the bedroom....hmmm. That's the best idea so far...today!!!

well cheeros, I gotta get to bed...so i can do it again ....

No comments: