Wednesday, February 09, 2005

It's not just a dessert, it's a lifestyle...

That’s right folks were talking about:

flan - n.

1. A tart with a filling of custard, fruit, or cheese.

2. A custard that is baked in a caramel-lined mold and served chilled with the caramel side up.

(pronounced "flon" or "flawn")

For some reason at work we get the oddest food ideas. I think sometimes it’s to keep our minds off whats really going on. It’s just a minor distraction…Today is my Bosses last day so this is a little tribute to the sense of humor he brought into our kitchen. It’s been great Chef D. L. , thanks for all the practical jokes and pulling my leg. I don’t know how you did it every time…and I always fell for it…peace out!!!

Love Poem Flan Style

by Anonymous (They were probably too embarrassed to admit they wrote this)

Roses are red,

Flan is yellow

Sugar is sweet

Won't you be my fellow?

Flan

i love flan, its tastes the best,
i love it so much i have a flan fest.
flan, o flan! you are so cool,
just thinking of you makes me dro
ol

Alternative Uses for Flan

Flan has so much potential that it is a shame it has been stereotyped as a dessert for so long. Never again! It's time to bring flan back into the mainstream. Here are a few suggestions for other ways to harness the power of flan.

Flan-iture

Move over inflatable furniture! Flan-iture is all the rage in Paris, so it can't be long before the craze hits the US. Be the first on your block to own the entire flan collection, including a sofa, loveseat, end table and rug.


The Sounds of Flan

Do you have trouble relaxing? Do your hard days at work make it hard to sleep at night? Your problems are solved with the Sounds of Flan. This six disc set releases your inner flan, helping you relax. The sounds on these discs are made from real flan, no imitations here. The discs include sounds of wild flan in nature, underwater flan, and performances by the Flan Symphony Orchestra.

Flantact Lenses

Do you find it hard to look at the world through your own dreary eyes? Wouldn't life be much more fun if everything looked like flan?!

Now, ladies and gentlemen, you too can step into the eyes of Señor Flan and Flanita (I would say shoes, but while the metaphor would make more sense, it would be inaccurate since these are flantact lenses, not flan sneakers). Ok, so really that made no sense, can we forget that last marketing ploy and just say that you're completely uncool if you don't have flantact lenses. Everyone is doing it!!

Okay it's true... My ideas get more bizzarre everyday!!! I'm sure if I make myself laugh or if I am totally confused???? Okay it is funny, you can't deny it... So i'm nuts..or should i sprinkle nuts on my FLAN. Hold on let me ask Senor Flan and Flanita!!!!! There looking at me like I'm crazy... just like you are thinking. I think it's past my bed time, don't you...

Flan is seriously under-represented on the world wide web. We here are trying to change that, little by little. So please, pass the magic of flan on to your friends


No comments: