Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Speaking of art

Hello all! So I've been slowly working on this painting for the last couple of weeks. I really like how it is turning out, The only problem is that I tired of working on it. i'm only about half way through it. I used to sit down and do a painting in a couple hours. But I am tiring to slow down and put more time into these pieces, I like the results i'm getting. the only problem is I tend to get bored with the painting before i get done. Enough about that serious sounding stuff...

Check this out!!
Not only does San Francisco's Solid Waste Transfer and Recycling Center (i.e., the city dump) have an "artist in residence," but sculptor Rick Carpenter is actually the 43rd person to hold that position, according to an April San Francisco Chronicle report. Carpenter said his specialty is discarded bulk items, citing, for example, the weaving he made from 40 orange extension cords, and his latest, an object stuffed with the contents of a 5-gallon bucket of wigs someone tossed. [San Francisco Chronicle, 4-22-04]

I think I'll stick with painting in my living room..i wonder if he sells his work??? He could become stinking rich...hehehehe...no pun intended. oK it was intended...

No comments: