Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Happy Wednesday all!!A little peek into my day.
As you all know I’m writing this late on Tuesday and not early wed. morning. No I still have not become a morning person, but that is the price I have to pay for going into work around noon. It is sooo hard, ok not really! So today I enjoyed my day off from work. It wasn’t too exciting really. Did the usual stuff, starting off with waking up around 10 am. I had a cup of tea then a glass of water. Next it’s on to a small breakfast. Like cereal or fruit. It’s not the most balanced breakfast but I’m much better than I was before. I never used to eat any breakfast at all. It’s a very nasty habit to get into, trust me. i used to wake up in the middle of te night and stand over the kitchen sink and chow down on about anything. but one i started eating regular meals..that almost stopped. I also bicycle about everyday. During lent I decided not to give up this or that but to bike everyday even if my legs feel like they will fall off. They can't, can they? Hopefully I will gain better discipline. The whole idea of being disciplined is doing something even when I don’t want to!!! Lord knows i need it, not that i'm a slacker...
Today I biked about 10 miles in the morning on my stationary bike and in the afternoon my roomie Joe Bob got be to go a challenging ride around the area. I have to say my legs are fine but my behind is a little sore. Than about 8 pm we all had a lovely diner. That was earler than most nights. Remember it's not when you eat dinner but what you eat for dinner. I know you want to know what a chef eats on her day off??? I knew you would, well I'm going to tell you anyway. Today we started with a romaine salad with grape tomatoes and carrots. The dressing was Good Seasons powder Italtian mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Entrée was yummy,consisting seared Pork loin chops, finished in the oven with apple juice, Brown rice( if you haven’t tired this stuff it’s yummy and good for us) And our vegetable d’ jour was peas. Yep dinner was very good. But we don’t eat like this everyday or every meal. We are trying to since it is much better for us than some of that other stuff we eat.

Tip of today:What Foods to Bring with You at All Times Outside of Home

So much of the day is spent outside of the house now and so you need to be prepared for an attack of the munchies. As an alternative to candy bars, doughnuts, and other sweet temptations, try carrying low-fat foods such as apples, rice cakes, dried fruit, oranges, tomato juice, or a raisin bagel in your purse or briefcase, backpack, glove compartment, or work-desk drawer. And carry a bottle of water.



No comments: