Saturday, November 17, 2007

HMMM..what to write...I had a few interesting thoughts!
Driving buy the local 7-eleven i thought..hmmm.. I wonder when the slurpee came about?Really I was thinking.. since I moved back to the bay area, this past August. In Jacksonville Florida where i spent the last 6 years.. there sadly are no church of the holy slurpee's. I had to go through some days thinking that i wish I could run out and get one..and I couldn't. So here's a little history for everyone...

40 Years of Slurpee
It was back in 1965 when the Slush was first invented and began to be sold by 7-Eleven. Two years later, in 1967, 7-Eleven re-christianed their icy, delicious slush drink as the Slurpee. It has been forty years since the drink that would become the famous well-known Slurpee was created, and it has never been better. Thank you, Slurpee, for all you have given us; all the happy memories, all the sugar highs, and the splendid bliss that each slurp brings...

CHEERS!!! To the SLURPEE!!!

No comments: