Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What's up ya'll.....
I've been off work for the last four days..... one more to go!!!!!
Time flies when you having fun....!!!!What shall I do for my last day...well I going to apply for my passport so i am free to move about the world!!!

So how 'bout some news of the weird...everybody loves that!!!
Officials in Springfield, Vt., denied the liquor-license application of Paul Murphy in July for a paperwork problem without specifying any other disqualifying reason. The officials thus ignored the fact that Murphy is an inmate in the state correctional facility in Springfield and that the location of the liquor service on the application was to be Murphy's prison address. Said Town Manager Robert Forguites, "We (just) determined that the application was incomplete." [Rutland Herald, 7-27-06]

All I can say is wow....I guess anyone can work for the government!!!

And on a tasty note: Last week I had my first go at making avocado ice cream. I have to say it was very yummy. The people at work loved it but the Mister K-C was not into it!!! That okay..more for me...

Healthy Q and A...
Q: I get hungry every day between 3:00 and 4:00 pm. I am looking for snacks that will curb my hunger until I can get dinner on the table. What foods have the most staying power?
A: I have three words for you: Fat, protein and fiber. Fat and protein will provide the longest-lasting energy, while slow-to-digest fiber will keep you feeling fuller longer. You should also include some carbohydrates, which are a source of rapid energy.
Try some of these tasty snack options:
Low-fat vanilla yogurt topped with chopped fresh fruit and a spoonful of chopped peanuts.
Whole grain crackers and low-fat cheese.
Instant oatmeal mixed with a small amount of dried fruit bits and slivered almonds.
Peanut butter and jelly on light whole wheat bread.
Apple slices and peanut butter.
Crudités with hummus.
Half a turkey sandwich with low-fat mayonnaise.
A small handful of nuts and raisins.
A low-fat granola bar.
A cup of bean soup.

No comments: