Wednesday, June 07, 2006

So what you been up to lately??

My day went the usual way... then it got interesting. So I was driving home and I gave the Mister a call, and he asked if i could stop at the store to pick up milk. I said sure. I know your saying, "what's so interesting about that?". So I'm at the market to get some milk, and i decide to pick up some cereal. Sounds simple right? Wrong... So I've been not eating products with high fructose corn syrup. I spent 10 minutes trying to find one, even bran flakes have it. Get this, I'm reading the nutrition label on all these boxes of cereals that are supposed to be good for you. And there not, some have 41 grams of sugar per serving. Why not eat a doughtnut, are you kidding me. Then I realize some boxes have over 30 ingredients, and there not even good for you. So my new quest is to find all the cereals that are really good tasting, and are not full of so much junk...
What they advertise on TV is a scam, it should be illegal to say this good for you when it's not.
I do love my cereal, I just want it to be good for me...Because breakfast is the important meal of the day!!!!

Happy eating

Oh by the way High frutose corn syrup a newer and sweeter form of corn syrup. It is used to sweeten soft drinks, juices, ice cream, whole wheat bread and many other mass-produced foods. Its liquid form keeps foods moist and prevents them from quickly spoiling.

They need to remember that its fine for pastry work in candy and frosting recipes because it prevents other sugars from crystallizing . But we consume sweets in moderation, and we know that HFCS is in there not in everything else.. even when we least expect it. So keep your eyes looking....

No comments: