Thursday, March 31, 2005

Too much work,
and no vacation,
Deserves at least a small libation.
So hail! my friends, and raise your glasses;
Work's the curse of the drinking classes.
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Hello all… I made through another rough Holiday. Easter and the the golf tournament just happened to land at the same time. The least they could do is shift the golf tournament, because you can’t move Easter. Well thank goodness it is over, so were in the middle of another lovely week. You are saying middle? That’s right. Were winding up for a busy weekend, pretty much like most weekends. And I am so excited…ok that was a little sarcasm. But enough of that silly talk about work…

A few interesting points….
Sometimes I think I have to much time on my hands..

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Hardly seems worth it.)

If you passed gas consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb. (Now that's more like it!)

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet. (O.M.G.!)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour. (Do not try this at home...maybe at work.)

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field. (30 minutes...can you imagine??)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds. (What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.

Butterflies taste with their feet. (Something I never wanted to know.)

Elephants are the only animal that cannot jump. (OK, so that would be a good thing....)

A cat's urine glows under a black light. (I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains. (I know some people like that too.)

Polar bears are left-handed. (Who knew? Who cares!)

So that my list of useless facts..I hope you enjoyed them!!!!

No comments: