Thursday, March 10, 2005

My new Boss...

So last week the new executive chef started. He's a middle aged Austrian Guy. He seems to be okay so far. In fact I'm slowly finding out about his dry sense of humor.. I have to congradulate myself...I think i was the first one to get him to crack a smile....I can hear you saying...what???? Well he's kinda of serious looking all the time. So me and my kitchen partner in crime decided the first task we were going to take on was to get the guy to smile. But who can say that i don't bring a smile to their face. I don't want to toot my own horn, but i am the queen of zany!!!

From Reuters News Service:Canada's Ottawa Citizen newspaper
recently printed a recipe for Chanterelle Lemon Pasta in its food section, calling for one cup of Chanterelle mushrooms. They even provided a helpful photograph so amateur mushroom hounds could find their own growing in the wild. Unfortunately, the photograph instead showed Destroying Angels, which are deadly when eaten.(oops that could really suck) So do yourself a favor don't go out picking mushrooms in your yard!!!)

TODAY IN FOOD HISTORY* National Oatmeal-Nut Waffle Day( e-mail me if you ever ate oatmeal-nut waffles)

1791 Samuel Mulliken of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania received a patent for a machine to thresh corn and grain.

1853 Self rising flour was supposedly invented by Henry Jones of Bristol.(Dates vary, 1845, 1852 and 1853).

1903 Lawrence Welk, champagne music-maker, was born.

1947 Mark Stein of the music group 'Vanilla Fudge' was born


Question of the week: What the difference between Japanese and chinease chop stick???

I f you wanna know...well I tell later...so stay tuned..

I gotta go catch some ZZZZ's!!!!

No comments: