Wednesday, March 23, 2005

How you doin’ ? Step in my world for a sec….

I know I have been neglecting my blog duties. I been sucked in to the wonderful world of work. U know being a culinary genius takes a lot of energy. Not really, the food part is very easy, the creative process and all. The part that kicks my butt is running around, you know the physical labor part and all. Yuck! Oh well in my field it’s like a package deal. So all the shows on TV about how the world of professional kitchens are not very true... Or in movies when they are going through a kitchen and the chef’s are humming (la la la) and there’s classical music playing. What I think the funniest part of all that is, not one person has a bit of sauce or signs of working on there clothes. Trust me even in the world of fancy stuff… chefs get food on them. I know I do!!! Enough about work ...

Kids do you know what time it is???? Thats right time for useless food triva facts...Food trivia yes i love it I can never get enough of this stuff..

Some things are not what they seem. Did you know the following facts?

Ten gallon hats only hold about 6 pints. I guess ten gallons sounds better..i don't know?

Refried beans aren't really what they seem. Although their name seems like a reasonable translation of Spanish frijoles refritos, the fact is that these beans aren't fried twice. In Spanish, refritos literally means "well-fried," not "re-fried."

The hamburger was invented in 1900 by Louis Lassen. He ground beef, broiled it, and served it between two pieces of toast. I wonder who decided to put all the goodies on them?

The pound cake got its name from the pound of butter it contained. I thought it was if you ate to much it would make you gain a pound...

The world's costliest coffee, at $130 a pound , is called Kopi Luwak. It is in the droppings of a type of marsupial that eats only the very best coffee beans. Plantation workers track them and scoop their precious poop. They say it tastes really good..?

To determine the percentage of alcohol in a bottle of liquor divide the proof by two.

Spilling salt considered good luck in Japan. Interesting...

The most recognized smell in the world is coffee.

About 8 percent of the weight in a box of corn flakes is corn.

Well I hope you enjoyed another list of useless food info...see ya next time...

No comments: