Tuesday, January 13, 2004

A quick run down on our cruise adventure!!!!
Sun 1/4 We boarded the boat oops, I mean ship, in the early afternoon. This trip included the in-laws( this trip was a 30th anniversary celebration), my bro-in-law Roy and my husband and I. This day was spent checking out all the stuff on board and having a simple dinner.
Mon 1/5 First full day on board, we were at sea. These days are very relaxing. Sitting by the pool getting some tan.. ok a little sun burn. Hot top and that night was our first formal night for dinner so we cleaned up good a dinner. The food was quite excellent consider trying to feed 1500 people 3 meals a day plus snacks. I give those chefs and cooks a round of applause.
Tues 1/6 Dominican republic, Nice in the tourist areas, the other parts , so so. Good place to kayak( I enjoyed it throughly) and shop.
Wed 1/7 Off to San Juan Puerto Rico, this is an excellent place. We went to the rain forest which is a good hour and half drive from the port but it was so amazing. If you get the time we highly recommend it. Also an awesome place to buy good cheep duty free booze.
Thurs 1/8 US Virgin island of St Thomas. This place was so clean, the water super blue..just like in the commercials. Here we did the tourist thing and did some light shopping. I would give this island another visit if opportunity knocks.
Fri 1/9 Another relaxing day at sea…Yeah!!!!
Sat 1/10 Nassau, Bahamas… Dirty, annoying pushy natives, so we took a water taxi to Paradise Island where the Atlantis Resort is. It is quite lovely. Someday I would mind being a guest in the bridge suite. Also know as the Michael Jackson Suite. He was the first person to stay in it. 10,000 per night with a week minimum.
Sun 1/11 Back to land.. All in all it was a most excellent vacation. I applaud the whole crew of the celebrity Millennium. Well that’s the readers digest version!!!!
Stay tuned for the up and coming silliness. My batteries are re charged and ready.


No comments: