Monday, August 10, 2009

Ask less..and Listen more....

Dear God, Universe, Creator…please grant me a really great job, making $$$ a year, nice Kitchen, flexible hours, 3 weeks vacation, and an impressive benefits package.

Do you recognize this prayer or something similar..?
In the time I have not been working.. I really have plenty of time to think...

Since my New Year’s resolutions, I may have had this prayer, asking the universe, day after day. Has it ever occurred to many of us the universe already knows what it is we most desire? There is no need to ask.

If God already knows our innermost thoughts (wants) then what do we pray for? Hmm, interesting... If you ask me maybe we should pray for what is needed to accomplish what we most desire. Ask quickly and step out of the way. Ask and let God reveal to us what we must do. In prayer or meditation or whatever you may call it, the answers are always revealed. God speaks directly.. What we often find so hard is accepting the word of God. God responds with, “In due time” but we want it today.

Can we live in faith that God only wants what is for our better good? (even though it's not easy...I think that's the difference between human and devine)
The universe is not really concerned with HOW we get there, whether you are president, actor, rich, poor, in an apartment, house, and great relationship today or not. What we choose and how we color it is on us. I have started to meditate (Pray) to line up my dreams with what good the universe has in store for me. Meditate to hear the message and in my waking moments take action in the moment , the opportunities for expressing love and glory…possibly through my desired work, my marriage, friendships....

If I speak in Prayer,I try two things:
1. Express thanks for all the blessings I do have and name them in detail, yes for God to hear, but to be clear that I know just how blessed I am.
2. Ask for courage, and the strength to accept the will of God, to meet the challenges of life, and to give openly and unconditionally.


Patience

No comments: