Thursday, July 09, 2009

ART...:^)

Took a trip down to the St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Art Yesterday...fantastic!

There has been some debate lately about the importance of art. This is my contribution to the discussion.When I have not drawn or painted anything in a while, I feel like something is missing. My theory is this: Just like my body needs shelter, food, and exercise, and my mind needs meditation and nature, my spirit needs art! Oh joy, to have enough free time to sit down and create something that did not exist before! (which I have time to do now...but really haven't as much as i should...) Of course, a healthy spirit trickles down to the mind-body, which experiences benefits such as clarity and calm. I am a firm believer of encouraging the arts in schools as well as in life. What can be more satisfying – and more important – than to connect with your own creative spirit? When I don’t create, my world appears duller, with less sparkle. When I create, I believe in miracles, in the good in all people, and in the future of our planet. When I don’t create, fear and doubt seeps in and faith dissipates. To me, art helps create a little bit of peace within.I wonder how many other people there are out there feeling the same way as I do? Why does art matter to you?

Remember art takes many forms...

No comments: