Thursday, June 09, 2005

DO THE DEW….

My favorite soda or as some say pop has always been mountain dew. I don’t drink it as much as I want to, or would like to. It’s not good for me so it’s only for special times or when I need a serious kick in the toockus. Though I must admit that diet dew is not to bad, not the same though.
But are you aware of the long history of the almighty dew. It been around a lot longer than you think, and here’s a little history for you...

The rumors are true. Mountain Dew was born way back in the hills of Tennessee in the 1940s. The name Mountain Dew was first trademarked by two brothers, Barney and Ally Hartman, who ran a bottling plant in Knoxville. The Hartman’s Mountain Dew, however, was a lemon-lime drink used as a mixer with whiskey.

And I you want to know more and wish to pay homage…please visit the ever so cool website: mountaindew.com Man after looking at the web page I really am thirsty for a dew….

No comments: