Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Brrrrr…it’s chilly here in the South!!! Its clear and 32 degrees!
I guess I have to put away the scadals this week...

So winter has arrived just in time for the Christmas holiday.

"Cold" is a relative term. Use the handy list below to overcome the confusion.
Degrees (Fahrenheit)
65 - Hawaiians declare a two-blanket night
60 - Californians put on sweaters (if they can find one)
50 - Miami residents turn on the heat
40 - You can see your breath
- Californians shiver uncontrollably
- Minnesotans go swimming
32 - Water freezes
25 - Floridians weep pitiably
- Minnesotans eat ice cream
20 - Miami residents plan vacation further South
0 - Alaskans put on T-shirts
-10 - Eyes freeze shut when you blink
-15 - Miami residents cease to exist
-20 - Cat insists on sleeping in pajamas with you
- Politicians actually do something about the homeless
- Minnesotans shovel snow off roof

So How's your holiday seson treating You!!!
Well my is crazy!!!
Running around for a bazillion people making sure they get feed. Have you ever seen what turkey for 750 people looks like? Can you imagine the amount of cranberry sauce?? To put it simply I think I have overdosed on turkey. The smell of stuffing makes me want to gag. You think that’s crazy, I know you do. I think if I see one more five gallon bucket of turkey gravy I might begin to lose my mind. But that's the life of me..enough complaining and on to the fun part of the holidays.

I was in the grocery store the other day. And here an example of why I think people in Jax aren’t the brightest!!
A lady was pawing through the frozen turkeys at the , but couldn't find one big enough to feed her large family. I wonder why she just didn’t get two, was her family that big. She was bitchin’ and all that stuff that makes a person look hind of scary. This the part where the story gets really funny.Annoyed, she asked the stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?"The startled stock boy replied, "Heck no, ma'am, they're all dead." Well duh!!! Sometimes you just have to hold back…from bursting into laughter. I high taled it down another isle, so I could let out a huge laugh. I can only imagine the end of that conversation. But that was the best thing that happened to me that day. So lesson of the day is laughter is the best cure for all. I know it’s not nice to laugh at others, but if your that stupid..I can’t help myself.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst...for they are sticking to their diet!

No comments: